Keeping four kids entertained over the Christmas period as a single mom is not easy at all. And I’m referring to the time before and after present giving because the time in between that is very easy. Luckily for you this mom of four littles is here to help and help I have. Today i penned down a list of tricks I used over the years to help make the holiday period a little easier for everyone involved.
- Try to make songs to sing along to, this is often handy to claim kiddies down when there is too much excitement happening.
- Use the snow outside to your advantage and have the kids build snowmen and snow angels.
- One of my favorite – piggy back races around the house. If there is another parent available you can race that parent around the house with the children piggy backing on board.
- Do you have trees in your garden? Great! Try to encourage your kids to climb the trees. I know it might sound a little unsafe for you helicopter parents out there, but it’s a learning curve I think all children should go through.
- Prepare messages for Santa and lists of the gifts the kids want. Try to use the lists as a bargaining chip for good behavior and have your kids list out the good deeds they will do for Santa so he doesn’t forgot to come and visit them. This also helps discover what they actually want for Christmas (if they probably haven’t told you 100 times already).
- After present opening is complete, have some fun with the wrapping paper, you could play battles from behind the sofa throwing scrunched up wrapping paper at each other.
- After that you can teach them how to clean up all the mess. Although, this may be a harder task to accomplish that the previous ones unless you attach it to a fun game.